Scopers


Word 4: Stand



Stand...


"God, just let me stand up. I want to say something so badly. I don't want to be paralyzed by fear. I have so much to say. I want to sing, too. I want to speak and say the words...I think. I'm not sure if I want to...or if I think I'm  SUPPOSED to want to. I sit here, hands clasped, feet planted, eyes affixed to the podium and I WANT to stand. My mind runs rapidly like beating waterfalls on rock...the ideas, thoughts, stories...all deserve a voice...but, why must it be mine? Why is it that I can't just think it and it BE...write it and it be ENOUGH? If I could stand...walk over to the microphone and say everything I've ever wanted to say in front of a crowd of people...I might be okay. I'd tell the church how much my grandmother meant to me. I'd read my favorite poem. I'd sing that song at that family reunion. I'd tell everyone my favorite memory of my cousin. Alas...I can't stand the thought of standing. I'm struck down by this fear...this unnatural fear to speak in public. God, why can't it be easy to STAND??"



4 scopers scoping:

Mahoganydymond™ said...

I used to be one who wasn't afraid to speak in public.. Now I am having the same fear... Maybe oneday you and I will get over it..

Thee_Kween said...

I hope so Mah. I hate that feeling. I see how easy it is for others and I covet that free feeling.

No Labels said...

I still have to battle with the speaking in public myself. I can definitely relate.

Thee_Kween said...

BB, it's terrifying to me. I find 10's of reasons to stand up and then 100's of reasons to stay in my seat.

Find It

 

Like Me a LOT

GGX Jewels

GGX Jewels
Inspire Your Inner Diva

The Beautiful Blogger Award

The Beautiful Blogger Award
Aw, Champ...for ME?

Kween's Sentry

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Lia Sophia

Lia Sophia
Contact JoAnn Monroe for beautiful jewelry

The Love & Truth Challenge

The Love & Truth Challenge

Networked Blogs

Blogroll

I Love Your Blog

I Love Your Blog
Thanks Cook!

The Versatile Blogger Award

The Versatile Blogger Award
Thanks Champ!

sitemeter

About

CURRENT MOON