Scopers


Ambition



Ambition...

Defined as an earnest desire for achievement or distinction.

Hmmm...Am I ambitious?

I've only desired [earnestly] to be a good person. To love from the depths of me. To give all I have for causes that keep me up late and wake me up early. "Ambition" is something that many take (in my opinion) ...too seriously. Maybe it's the artist in me who is more laid back and easy-going when speaking on goals and careers and such...but, I see folks go IN over their "grustle". (That's part GRIND-part HUSTLE). Some folks go so hard that they make those who aren't as driven as they are feel like they're somehow worthless if they're not usurping EVERY part of the day with SOME small effort for productivity. I have one friend who is a "Jill of All Trades"...her repertoire expanding across the lines of clothing design, furniture design, photography, jewelry making, etc...I can't even tell you all of the things she's into. The thing is...she's PASSIONATE about them all and though she has a sometimes unrealistic expectation on herself...it's only because she lives and breathes her art. On the other hand, I've seen people aimlessly peddle items out of the lust of money and their obsession with wealth and not be passionate about a DAMN thing but the money they envision themselves making. That to me, is where ambition becomes confused with greed...wanderlust, even.

For me...ambition is the fuel in the car that drives the person to their dream destination. I long to be a published writer, an independent woman, a woman of virtue, substance and above all...a woman whose legacy is love. That means WAY more to me than filling my bank account with endless zeroes or celebrity.

As usual, I break words down. The prefix amb means to go...the root definition for -tion means, to express action; a state or associated meaning. Ambition in a nutshell...is the state of going...or better clarified, the state of going forward. To me, ambition is going forth on a path leading to a final place of accomplishment. The question is how does one define accomplishment. Success doesn't have to mean a monetary sense of having...as much as a feeling of peace within that comes from touching lives in some way.

Yes...I have ambition. Do you?

1 scopers scoping:

25champ said...

I couldn't agree wit u more..you've pretty much said it all ppl really don't know the diff between greed and ambition

Find It

 

Like Me a LOT

GGX Jewels

GGX Jewels
Inspire Your Inner Diva

The Beautiful Blogger Award

The Beautiful Blogger Award
Aw, Champ...for ME?

Kween's Sentry

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Lia Sophia

Lia Sophia
Contact JoAnn Monroe for beautiful jewelry

The Love & Truth Challenge

The Love & Truth Challenge

Networked Blogs

Blogroll

I Love Your Blog

I Love Your Blog
Thanks Cook!

The Versatile Blogger Award

The Versatile Blogger Award
Thanks Champ!

sitemeter

About

CURRENT MOON