Scopers


A Little Princess


I swear sometimes I feel psychic. You all have NO clue how often I think of something and then it happens, or shows up wherever I am. Just the other day, I wished that "A Little Princess" would come on. It's an enchanted story, set in 1954, of a little girl whose father goes off to war and leaves her in a school for girls. While there, she lives off of the adventures they've taken in their travels to India. After receiving word that her father died in the war...life becomes a little hard for her, but she gets through it by remembering what her father said, "All little girls are princesses...if you believe". Her storytelling abilities become the sunshine in the lives of a few little girls who become taken with her. It's kinda like an upscaled orphan Annie story, made in 1995. (It stars Liesel Matthews, who is also an heiress to the Hyatt Hotel fortune).

So, I wished for this movie...and VOILA...this morning, as I was searching for a movie to watch. It was there slated to air @6:45pm. Only, I didn't want miss Hancock which was coming on @7:45pm (they coincide) so I continued looking for another time it would air...and it was coming on right then.

I love this story. Here's a little girl, who was schooled in LIFE. She comes to the school, where she's supposed to take French and Latin...but she is already fluent in both. Her flair for the creative and her knowledge at such a young age makes her a target for an angry little bully...and even the head mistress. Who would think that a grown woman would hate on a child's life? But, I suppose that perhaps there are adults whose lives are shells of what they once believed or dreamed they'd be. They covet the innocence, zest and wide-eyed faith that children possess and rather than encourage or bask in it's shine...they try to beat it down...reprimanding and chastising away their hopes.

Here is one of the saddest and cruelest parts:




In this story...a father's love for his daughter and hers for him...allows a little girl the ability to exist in her own lovely state. In spite of how she begins to get treated...she still feels irrepressible hope and joy, just because her father loved her more than anything.

I just thought I'd share that. Hmmm, I've been wanting to see Joy Luck Club...you think if I wish hard enough, it'll come on?

3 scopers scoping:

Wizzy Jr. said...

I've never even heard of this movie. I'ma have to check it out.

♥ CG ♥ said...

I'll have to check it out too. I'm pretty prophetic too, but why is it that the big bags of money that pop in my mind haven't shown up yet...hmmm :-)

Thee_Kween said...

It's a cool movie Wizz...I love it. I'd watch it right now if it came on. lol

Mel...I too see hoards of money. I just wonder if I'm seeing it in the RIGHT place. lol

Find It

 

Like Me a LOT

GGX Jewels

GGX Jewels
Inspire Your Inner Diva

The Beautiful Blogger Award

The Beautiful Blogger Award
Aw, Champ...for ME?

Kween's Sentry

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Lia Sophia

Lia Sophia
Contact JoAnn Monroe for beautiful jewelry

The Love & Truth Challenge

The Love & Truth Challenge

Networked Blogs

Blogroll

I Love Your Blog

I Love Your Blog
Thanks Cook!

The Versatile Blogger Award

The Versatile Blogger Award
Thanks Champ!

sitemeter

About

CURRENT MOON