Scopers


Rambling...


I'm sitting here talking to my girl Juicy. First we're talking about her daughter's head of hair that rivals mine and she's only 6. Then we got to talking about how thick her hair is WITH a perm...which lead me to a scene from one of my favorite movies. I know y'all remember The Color Purple...and the scene where Celie is combing Mister's daughter's hair...and she's just-a-hollarin! Which leads to Celie getting the taste removed from her mouth after "sassing" Mister. THEN, it led me to the many movies I behold in the same category of greatness and impact on me.

What's Love Got To Do With It, Malcolm X and Color Purple evoke emotions that vary from tears (the abuse and struggles) to laughter...to anger (back to the abuse and struggles again). I thought on how I've been watching these movies for so damn long...yet they still pluck the same emotional strings. Got me to thinking how we humans tend to recall the same emotions for the same things based on where we were at the time. We never seem to shake that...at least I don't.

The same with music...no matter how old a song is, you can always recall where you were. There's a song by Miki Howard called, "Come Home to Me" which always reminds me of the death of my aunt-in-law's dad. It does the same for my sister.

I look at what has transpired in my year of 2008 thus far (don't get it twisted the end is near...too fast if you ask) and I see movies, songs, places, things...that will bring about emotions in me. I will never be able to hear certain songs or watch certain shows/movies without remembering what I've experienced. Every time I hear "Jammin" by Bob Marley or "Southern Stuff" I will think of Alabama and my trip there with Mama to see Eb. I wont be able to see Alvin and the Chipmunks without thinking of Eb's baby, Kennedy watching it 50-11 million times. LOL When I hear Chap's 52 parts of "Come On" I will think of...well...CHAP. LMAO I know that I will ALWAYS think of Net when I hear "Copa Cabana" by Barry Manilow...and the miracle God gifted her this year. Not to mention how I'm gonna think of Philly everytime I chop veggies on my bamboo cutting board. (long story, lol) Songs, movies, places, things...all churning out memories and emotions.

I know this was some random shit. SO WHAT! I warned you with the title. I'm just in reflection mode today. How about you all? What would you come up with if you began reflecting on 2008? (Who says you have to wait til the end of the year to do it?)

2 scopers scoping:

One Man Jam said...

One movie that brings back good memories for me is 'Glory'. My wife can only watch up until they get shoes (lol). Great movie and one of my all time favorites!

Thee_Kween said...

One of my fave movies is Claudine with Diahann Carroll and James Earl Jones...it makes me think of the day I went to a friend's 12th bday party...where I met some mean girls. I ended up leaving there miserable. Then I found out years later in HS that they were a few girls I thought were actually cool. LOL

Find It

 

Like Me a LOT

GGX Jewels

GGX Jewels
Inspire Your Inner Diva

The Beautiful Blogger Award

The Beautiful Blogger Award
Aw, Champ...for ME?

Kween's Sentry

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Lia Sophia

Lia Sophia
Contact JoAnn Monroe for beautiful jewelry

The Love & Truth Challenge

The Love & Truth Challenge

Networked Blogs

Blogroll

I Love Your Blog

I Love Your Blog
Thanks Cook!

The Versatile Blogger Award

The Versatile Blogger Award
Thanks Champ!

sitemeter

About

CURRENT MOON