Scopers


Have a Heart...


Tonight, I heard about something that brought me to tears. Someone who I'd seen around one of the social sites I frequent, died last night (the 21st technically since I'm writing past the midnight hour). She had cancer and passed on at the young age of about 25. I really didn't know her. I'd seen her on other friend's pages and knew her profile pic well...but, somehow we never crossed paths. I'd actually just heard something about her (in the negative) just days before...yet, I wept at her death.

I'm not at all wondering why it is that I was touched. She was human, had a life, people loved her and now she's gone. What I wonder about is why it is so easy for people to detach from their emotions simply because someone that they DIDN'T know...died. Why is it so easy for people to dismiss the lives of others all because the tragedy didn't roost on their front step. That truly bothers me.

Maybe today was an emotional day. A wonderful woman who I consider a mother figure in my life is struggling. As her man lies in pain and goes blind, she looks on helplessly not being able to do much more than BE there. As I prayed for her, the tears fell...a sign to ME that the prayer came from my heart. Then prayer went up for a new mom whose child is having complications after being birthed with the umbilical cord around her neck. I think of all the people who are suffering or have...and I pray a collective prayer for those in need of healing. It doesn't have to be a physical one. It can be spiritual, mental, emotional...even financial one. There can be a break in the family that needs mending, or simply a void in someone's life that needs filling.

Today, while in a taxi...the driver confessed (why, I don't know) that he'd been robbed a few days earlier. He still pursued the robbers in his taxi even though he was afraid. He even wanted to obtain a gun permit to protect himself. I just told him, that he was gifted with the ability to say he was here! His daughter's birthday was on today (the 22nd) and I told him that she got one helluva gift...dad's life. I told him, that I prayed he'd find the strength to fight the trauma and fear of his experience. Here's a man who makes his living driving taxis and he now no longer feels safe enough to do so. Considering that due to his persistence, the robbers were caught, the money recovered and his LIFE is in tact...I told him he was blessed and had angels amidst him. I gave him blessings and exited his cab.

I sometimes ask God, why? Why do I feel things so deeply. Why are my heart strings easily tugged? And then I think...this is the way it SHOULD be. In a desensitized world where people shrug their shoulders at the plights of others...I am glad to say that I do indeed have a heart. Thank God for that.

0 scopers scoping:

Find It

 

Like Me a LOT

GGX Jewels

GGX Jewels
Inspire Your Inner Diva

The Beautiful Blogger Award

The Beautiful Blogger Award
Aw, Champ...for ME?

Kween's Sentry

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Lia Sophia

Lia Sophia
Contact JoAnn Monroe for beautiful jewelry

The Love & Truth Challenge

The Love & Truth Challenge

Networked Blogs

Blogroll

I Love Your Blog

I Love Your Blog
Thanks Cook!

The Versatile Blogger Award

The Versatile Blogger Award
Thanks Champ!

sitemeter

About

CURRENT MOON