Scopers


Family [really] Matters


*This post has been 2 days in the making...I had to stop a couple of times*

Family matters...anyone who says it doesn't has either never had any or doesn't like the one they came from...and STILL most people go their entire lives searching for mother and father figures...people to love...in order to fill those empty spaces at the dinner table. If they like being alone...more power to them, but I don't believe that anyone truly ENJOYS being alone. I believe some think they have no choice. Whether it be because they've come to believe they cannot trust anyone else but themselves, or that they don't feel worthy of love, possibly even that love is overrated (out of pain and growing cynically cold) ...so they've decided to live in solitude.

The only thing about family is that they sometimes treat you worse than strangers. I guess it has something to do with knowing that you're family no matter what and believing that they'll be there when you need them because they're SUPPOSED to. That is not necessarily true though. I've seen a LOT of people say to hell with their "families" and have gone on in life to find and adopt people they've met as their new family.

Whether it was work, school, church or nowadays...on the Internet, people are connecting to others who need family just like they do. People are finding a semblance of unity in others who they didn't know all their lives. Motherless children find their child in a person who longs for a mother's love. Men and women finding the siblings they weren't God-given. Just look at the McCains! They're quite the modern clan. It's really the norm...the "nuclear family" where two or more families are thrown together through marriage, adoption, etc.

In some cases...it's not so much that you DON'T have family...you just may be part of a family that doesn't understand who you are and has never tried to. Knowing someone all your life doesn't mean you
KNOW someone. As I tell people often...there is capacity...and then there is skill. I learned that a while ago watching Oprah (she's good for something, huh? LOL).

See...you can love someone with all your heart and soul. They can be the person that given the worst case scenario, you'd die for them...kill for them. Yet, everyone doesn't know HOW to show it. A mom can love her child beyond her own heart's comprehension...but, if she doesn't know how to implement stability, discipline, patience, example, amongst other things...the child may never grow to his/her full potential. They may never know their mom loved them more than she loved herself. If you don't show affection, nurturing, forgiveness, flexibility, vulnerability...all those emotions that endear you to someone, a person may never know they're loved. If your child, sibling, parent, or other family member cannot come to you and speak their heart without feeling judged or made to feel small...they may begin to feel alone.
Left looking for a family they can choose for themselves...not that its a bad thing. People meet the best family outside the bloodlines. I just wish there wasn't a need.

2 scopers scoping:

RiPPa said...

You know what? I guess thats kinda why I hangout online like I do. As far as family, outside of my own family (wife & kids), I do feel alone. I guss its been like that for a while now with everyone living on the east coast and me being way down here in the south.

But hey, its been like that since I left NYC for college and I've never looked back. So I guess in a way, for right now, I cling to the internet as a void of replacement.

Lord knows I ain;t trynna claim too many of these country folk.

Thee_Kween said...

LMAOOO @ claiming the country folk. Yet, I appreciate and admire your honesty. A lot of people would pretend that being on the Internet isn't another way to fill the voids. They'd rather believe that they actually are here for the entertainment, when its clearly obvious that they're here b/c it makes the lonelies go away at times. I know sometimes, I'm here for that very reason...I just wanna kick it with some people and then log off.

Find It

 

Like Me a LOT

GGX Jewels

GGX Jewels
Inspire Your Inner Diva

The Beautiful Blogger Award

The Beautiful Blogger Award
Aw, Champ...for ME?

Kween's Sentry

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Lia Sophia

Lia Sophia
Contact JoAnn Monroe for beautiful jewelry

The Love & Truth Challenge

The Love & Truth Challenge

Networked Blogs

Blogroll

I Love Your Blog

I Love Your Blog
Thanks Cook!

The Versatile Blogger Award

The Versatile Blogger Award
Thanks Champ!

sitemeter

About

CURRENT MOON