Scopers


Child, Please...



I was a child once...we all were. (Some of us still are, but that's another blog) We've all been there with new eyes, spirit and perceptions. Our parents, our first impression of "God" and the guidance we get from them. Even at times we felt abandoned (as sometimes humans do when they feel their prayers aren't answered) when our parents didn't measure up. We've all experienced a sense of being young and lost. Either way...childhood is something to be preserved and enjoyed. No child should feel like they've exchanged roles with their parents and are caretakers, mediators or examples in their tender age.

Yet, that's what happens when adults acting like children allow their break up to affect their sense of reason and sacrifice as a parental unit. You shouldn't pretend that there isn't anything wrong...but, it shouldn't feel like the battle of all battles when you and your ex step in a room. Your child shouldn't feel like the prize in a tug-of-war.

QUIT USING CHILDREN AS GET BACK! PAWNS! LEVERAGE! QUIT IT...RIGHT NOW!!!

HOW do you know (just in case you're THAT damned oblivious) that you're using your kid as a pawn?

  • You ask your child questions about your ex's activity. Including, but not limited to...who they're seeing, where they go, what they say about YOU, etc.
  • You bar your ex from seeing their child (if you're a custodial parent) for no other reason than they either didn't want YOUR ass, didn't comply with some petty request or you just "felt like it". Your child should NOT have to suffer because you're being a bratty child yourself. Didn't get what you wanted out of the relationship?...too bad. What you DID get is a beautiful child who has a right to see and experience BOTH of their parents...unless your ex is a pedophile, criminal or has missed more visits with them than they've kept. (That kind of inconsistency can be heartbreaking)
  • You teach your child to lie. You do this when you make up reasons [in front of them] for them not being able to see your ex. When you lie [in front of them] about why. When you tell your child things to sway their affections. BAD mom/dad...BAD BAD mom/dad!
These are just a few...but, you get it.

I know of a few different scenarios where people have/are used/using their children as pawns:

`A man whose ex-wife is so vindictive that her actions can only be deemed as evil. From trumped up charges of harassment, calling him crazy which required psych evaluation, keeping his son from him for months at a time while actively harassing him and his new girlfriend with phone calls and emails. She's also exhibited signs that she wants him back...or at least, doesn't want anyone to have him. She's even taken to dressing like his current girlfriend even though his girl's style has never been his ex-wife's style. O__O

`A woman whose husband refuses to divorce her, but is fighting for custody of their child. What kind of ass backward, shaken baby syndrome, fuckshit is that? How don't you want to let someone go, but want to take the child you share? I'll tell you...he's fucking PSYCHO! He wants her in some twisted way, yet because he knows she doesn't want HIM...he tortures her with the one thing he can. The marriage. Her desire to be free by name and law. Their daughter is just a pawn. I'm all but 100% certain this man has traumatized their daughter with his barrage of questions about where her mother is, who she's with, if she's dating, etc. All of this while training their child to "blame" her for everything that's wrong. Absolutely disgusting, I tell you.

`I also have a friend whose child's mother is SO hung up on what they DIDN'T have (in spite of her being married for several years) that she's been plotting with her husband to steal his rights. All he wants is to be a father...and she's so twisted she can't nor does she care to see that.

PEOPLE!!! Get your life right. I am honestly taken aback by the selfishness of jilted and angry adults who refuse to see that the children should be the focus of their lives. How the moment you brought children into the world, it was no longer ALL about YOU! Whatever didn't go wrong with your ex, whatever it is you think they've done wrong...the children deserve the best possible environment you can give them. If you have to wear a straight face, so the baby can see daddy...so be it. Cry in your bed later for missing him...but, for goodness sake...don't not answer his calls. The baby will grow up and be a resentful adult and you WILL be blamed.

Child, PLEASE...





5 scopers scoping:

BE Lauriette said...

This has been so heavy on my heart. I just hope my daughter is not able to comprehend or understand what is happening. I hope that her eye shot of things is way different from what I see. I made a decision today. I will accept whatever the judge says. It's time for all of us to leave, to move on and give out daughter the much needed attention. Love you, sis. You must be feeling me. I've been crying off and on the last couple of days over this.

Thee_Kween said...

I pray that the judgment is a sound one. I can't do anything BUT pray for you. I don't know how it feels, but I know I hurt for kids who are taken through this constantly. There are sure to be ramifications behind this shit and it's unfortunate that it's all for selfish reasons.

I will keep praying for you and of course you know I'm here. I respect your space though because I know sometimes you just need to work it out on your own. ((((HUGS))))

S/N: This has been in my drafts for like two weeks. I just decided today it needed to be said after listening to my sister.

Anonymous said...

i wish i could clear the one void in my life... my son.... but it's in god's hands... the battle is his...

Thee_Kween said...

...and in God's hands is where it belongs. I have faith that what's best will be what's done. Don't give up though...I hope that faith in God is coupled with faith in self :)

Wizzy Jr. said...

You know, I see this all the time...and HAVE seen it in my 25 years of living. It makes me sick, to say the least. BUT, I always tell em (The Custodial Parent) "When the kid grows up to hate YOU, you'll be surprised and MAD". It HAS happened...and I was right there to say "See, I told you!".

Find It

 

Like Me a LOT

GGX Jewels

GGX Jewels
Inspire Your Inner Diva

The Beautiful Blogger Award

The Beautiful Blogger Award
Aw, Champ...for ME?

Kween's Sentry

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Lia Sophia

Lia Sophia
Contact JoAnn Monroe for beautiful jewelry

The Love & Truth Challenge

The Love & Truth Challenge

Networked Blogs

Blogroll

I Love Your Blog

I Love Your Blog
Thanks Cook!

The Versatile Blogger Award

The Versatile Blogger Award
Thanks Champ!

sitemeter

About

CURRENT MOON