Scopers


Wondermentals: How Deep Is Your Love?


I don't care if no one reads this but one...I need to say it.

HOW DEEP IS YOUR LOVE? Nah, this ain't no bimbo flow! *lol* I just love love. You can say I'm a hippie of sorts. The kind of person that offers love in place of conflict. Yea...that's me. I believe in unconditional love...agape love. I do believe that as long as we're in the human body and succumbing to fleshly desires, we can never TRULY love like God (agape)...but, we can try.



This love I speak of isn't at all contained to romantic/spousal love. It's friendship, its family...hell, it's love for mankind. Even the ones you don't see. I often say when praying, "God, bless all those who I know and love and those who I love and don't know." Love is the most powerful emotion and act in the world. It can transcend time, geography and circumstance. I believe it starts in the smallest gestures. A smile, a kind word, a helping hand. It begins with understanding and non-judgment. Seeing people in spirit before you see the shell. Putting aside cynical ideas, bad experiences and preconceived notions...to see a person at the core of them. To accept them flaws and all...knowing that we too, fall short.


What brought about this "rant"? Well, two things. One of my favorite couples...Rob and Dee, show me everyday that long distance love works. It may not work for EVERYONE, because it takes a special person willing to dedicate their heart to someone who isn't physically there to reinforce the love. It takes two people being on the same page unafraid to focus solely on each other without fear that they're missing out on something better. So cheers to them. Godspeed with everything they're doing. Secondly...sitting here watching "Remember the Titans" and seeing how friendship crossed (and can cross) racial lines. Young men, who were so head strong about not getting along...finding brotherhood with one another, no matter the consequences.


Lastly...love also thrives off of respect. Love can dwindle and die the fastest when respect is absent. My friend, Joy asked a question not too long ago. What would you rather have...love or respect. I chose love...she chose respect. I understood why she'd choose respect. When you go through having someone you love, disrespect you...you of course crave that respect you're lacking. I just prefer to have love. See, ONE...love for ME will create SELF-respect, which in turn begets respect from others. Then, by embodying what true spiritual love is...I can love whomever, whether they respect me or not. I can say, "I love you, anyway" and allow them the space they need to be who they are and be okay with who I am when I walk away.


There is no fear in love. When you love someone or are beginning to love someone and fear creeps up...HUSH that fear. FALSE EVIDENCE APPEARING REAL. It is a figment of the imagination. A by-product of loss of control. Love takes vulnerability. The willingness to relinquish control. The ability to understand that true love, whether romantic, familial or friendship...is governed by God. The truest unconditional love is knowing that the blessing is in having loved at all. Having love to give and inspiring, encouraging, healing, believing, understanding and promoting LIFE...with your love.


How deep is YOUR love?

7 scopers scoping:

Anonymous said...

I used to think love was so over rated. I thought because I had love come to me over and over in sheep's clothing. They were wolves trying to deceive me. Then I found love in myself and with friends and family. I am not going to give up on the fact that one day love will come to me. Love is natural and love is kind. I wouldn't be able to just pick one. I want both love and respect. I am a lover by nature and a fighter by circumstances. I am going to keep fighting for love.

Thee_Kween said...

I'm so proud of you, Mah. I'm glad you've taken that attitude. The key is definitely in self love 1st. Kudos!

♥ CG ♥ said...

Go on, Kween! This very thing has been heavy on my mind lately. The other day I actually thought "why are you in love with love all of a sudden?" Many reasons, across different seasons, but all in all love can always be found. You've inspired a sista :-)!

Thee_Kween said...

I hope so Curvy...I believe so fervently in love that I'll shout it from the mountain tops over and over. Love is overused as a word, underused as a true feeling. Stay blessed, sista. *hugs*

[flahy] [blak] [chik] said...

amen!

Anonymous said...

I love this Kween. I didn't even know you had this blog. I'm glad I read fungke blak's blog today otherwise I still wouldn't have known. Funny how we share the very same ideas, concepts & philosophies about love. Keep flowing Queen Kween...*clink*

Thee_Kween said...

Yea, I've had this blog for a while now. It's part of the reason I disappeared off of Multiply's scene.

Well, I'm in good company sharing these ideas with a glam queen such as yourself!

*clinking crowns*

Find It

 

Like Me a LOT

GGX Jewels

GGX Jewels
Inspire Your Inner Diva

The Beautiful Blogger Award

The Beautiful Blogger Award
Aw, Champ...for ME?

Kween's Sentry

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Lia Sophia

Lia Sophia
Contact JoAnn Monroe for beautiful jewelry

The Love & Truth Challenge

The Love & Truth Challenge

Networked Blogs

Blogroll

I Love Your Blog

I Love Your Blog
Thanks Cook!

The Versatile Blogger Award

The Versatile Blogger Award
Thanks Champ!

sitemeter

About

CURRENT MOON