Scopers


Looking at Love




You ever met someone who went through or was going through a break up and looked at all the couples in love with red hot daggers? Damning and cursing all things sentimental and valentine? I want to be that person so badly...but, I can't. No matter how many times I get hurt or feel pain, it always does my heart good to see a loving couple.

I search for them on TV shows, commercials, the stores, etc. I love when a man's eyes light up at the sight of his honey's smile...or when she laughs, he laughs by default and suggestion. I bubble up with the possibility of soul mates existing, when I see a woman stroke her man's face...and he leans into her hand like it's the most precious place to lay his head.

The consummate romantic I am...no matter how beaten by weathering heartbreaks or for having missed love's arrow...I still look for the private looks in public. The knowing winks and silent laughs no one understands but them. I look for finished sentences, long embraces and that moment when...

he cups her chin
leans in for the peck
her toes tip
and her neck does stretch
their lips touch
with reciprocal love
of tender tongues
and slightly made hums
*did you hear it?*

I forever hold out hope that the one for me is this intensely affectionate being aware of just when I need his hugs. Not someone to crowd me with overkill...but, the one who will be able to read my expressions and body language and answer with his love. I crave the one who will cherish me so, that he'll think of himself and I in tandem. In his eyes, there is no more "him" or "me"...just US and WE. He'd know that we could be good on our own, way better together...something ELSE when we're silly and BAD in a good way.

~sigh~

I love when I hear those stories...the ones that no one thinks exist because they have become cynics in the face of pain. You know...the ones where, time, distance, circumstance and fears were conquered with proverbial swords to cut down unseen jungles of obstacles and trials. The ones that involve epic reunions that took decades to manifest. How about those jewels...the teens who have been each other's one and only and are still together after the HS doors closed. {I know a few}. Yeaaa...*sigh* the blessings of love and it's triumphant ways. The way your intended life's love refused to be denied you. Or how, you went through the worst of times...even becoming estranged...all to figure out that your life JUST didn't work without them.

If you ever have a chance, to grab hold of the one whose laughs make you laugh...whose touch warms the core of you...whose eyes reflect forever in your heart...hold on. Remember the brevity of life...how sudden it comes and goes with no apologies to unfinished business or unrequited love. Remember Billy Dee telling Diana, "Success is NOTHING...if you don't have someone to share it with...". Remember the couple in "The Notebook"...who were separated by class and life...reunited and married...had babies. How even when she suffered from dementia...he helped her remember them through storytelling, even when she forgot who HE was. And how they died together...

"Be sweet to love, stroke it with meaning and cradle it in truth. Wrap it in understanding and put it to bed on feathers. Dream it...and then awake to it. Tell it you love it...be sweet to love. " ~Kween Kiwi 2009

Remember that...Don't just look at it...go get it and live it.

Love, da Kween <3

10 scopers scoping:

Anonymous said...

Don't ever lose that outlook. Love is a beautiful thing. It doesn't always come when we want it to but it does come. And even if it doesn't work out the way we plan it always leaves us better for the experience.

Thee_Kween said...

I believe that...thanks for the love :)

♥ CG ♥ said...

I feel ya, sis. I've been trying to drill "If you ever have a chance, to grab hold of the one whose laughs make you laugh...whose touch warms the core of you...whose eyes reflect forever in your heart...hold on." into my niece's head so she doesn't take love for granted. All in all, you attract who you are, so there's no doubt your love of a lifetime is seeking you too.

Thee_Kween said...

Unfortunately, the youth haven't cornered the market on the squandering of love. It is something that when given so easily...one can assume they're "entitled" and not consider that one day it will be gone. I pray your niece doesn't learn that the hardest way.

I'm sure my "one" is out there...I am SO sure. :)

As the Budda Flows said...

sighing as i read this...the email we exchanged on FB is the reason...beautiful blog Kween the passion u have will not be missed sis God aint ready to deliver yet but when he does...its gonna be precious

Thee_Kween said...

Wow, thanks Budda...I believe that. It's a matter of when He knows I'm ready. :)

BE Lauriette said...

I was just telling someone about "The Notebook". That movie is everything. Beautiful blog Kiwi! You already know how I feel about this subject. No need in me being a killjoy. Love you Kiwi!

Thee_Kween said...

Yea, that movie is a real love story. I am always touched by everything while watching. Visually, Emotionally, Musically...just sweet.

Reggie said...

Excellent post!!! Do me and yourself a favor, don't ever stop feeling on your ( @ )( @ ); even when you're 90, give 'em a good squeeze every now and again!!!

Thee_Kween said...

At first...I wondered...what in the hell does this has to do with the blog, but then I realized you may have gotten the comment link confused with the previous post...

And don't worry...can't stop, WONT stop. LOL

Find It

 

Like Me a LOT

GGX Jewels

GGX Jewels
Inspire Your Inner Diva

The Beautiful Blogger Award

The Beautiful Blogger Award
Aw, Champ...for ME?

Kween's Sentry

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Lia Sophia

Lia Sophia
Contact JoAnn Monroe for beautiful jewelry

The Love & Truth Challenge

The Love & Truth Challenge

Networked Blogs

Blogroll

I Love Your Blog

I Love Your Blog
Thanks Cook!

The Versatile Blogger Award

The Versatile Blogger Award
Thanks Champ!

sitemeter

About

CURRENT MOON