Scopers


What's Going On?

Edward "Butch" Harris



It's been an interesting week. I sigh in the aftermath of an emotional turn of events. Some are somber and at least one is the bright spot of it all.

Last Saturday, a beloved family member died. I would be lying if I said that death has me shaken since 2010 where at least three people I knew and loved passed away. Since then, my paternal family had it's ups and downs, with a cousin falling ill with cancer (and recovering NICELY at this time). She got sick almost back to back with us losing our grandmother. Prayers were prayed diligently and religiously. Thank God she was spared and is now bouncing back wonderfully.

Unfortunately, last year...her stepmother died unexpectedly (to those of us unaware of her sickness). Last August when she died, left a chasm in my family centered around money. I've chosen to remain on the outside of that situation. I want no parts of that. Money is never important enough for me to betray nor go against my blood. I'd rather be broke.

Either way, this last death was sudden...but not really. Our last time seeing one another he didn't look too great, but I want to say I put those concerns in a place called denial and prayed he was okay. He wouldn't be. This is just one more hit to my paternal family and it seems incessant. I don't know what to think anymore and it's created a sense of worry...maybe even paranoia.

Anyway...

Two days later, a situation was brought to light concerning someone I once saw as being a friend. I was angry for two days and that's all I gave her. I wasn't in the mood for it and have decided that life goes on and that's it. I'm moving forward and hope that this week begins as a close to that other shit. I'm so done.

Everything also happened during the week where I wasn't feeling too great. I went to the doctor's though, so I'm good.

One of the better parts of my week have to do with my friend DeAnna. She was placed on the National Kidney Transplant List and hopefully it won't take too long. I cried and thanked God. I pray Godspeed over her and that her wait is no wait at all. Read her blog on it HERE.

Tomorrow is my cousin's funeral. I ain't ready. I dreamed of him and woke up crying. He was one of those people who when you think of cool people who stay the same no matter how much time goes between seeing one another...you think of him. He was a staple in my childhood and I can't remember him ever being mean, petty or disrespectful. He'll be sorely missed. I'm just blown that he's gone...

Edward "Butch" Harris...rest in peace fam. I love you.



0 scopers scoping:

Find It

 

Like Me a LOT

GGX Jewels

GGX Jewels
Inspire Your Inner Diva

The Beautiful Blogger Award

The Beautiful Blogger Award
Aw, Champ...for ME?

Kween's Sentry

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Lia Sophia

Lia Sophia
Contact JoAnn Monroe for beautiful jewelry

The Love & Truth Challenge

The Love & Truth Challenge

Networked Blogs

Blogroll

I Love Your Blog

I Love Your Blog
Thanks Cook!

The Versatile Blogger Award

The Versatile Blogger Award
Thanks Champ!

sitemeter

About

CURRENT MOON