Scopers


Hair Update





Someone should've warned me that being natural was a pain in the ass. It's been over 8 years since my hair has been natural. I can't believe that I thought this was a good idea. *fluffing puff on top of my head* ...but, yea...I'm trying not to quit mid-process.


The funny thing is, that I was chemical free for a year without even meaning to be...but, the moment I definitively decided that I was going to be natural...the road got rough...literally. LOL


I decided to try only washing and air-drying for a while...to take the heat off of my hair. I wanted to see the natural texture...I'm trying to "train" it. O_O My first attempt out the gate of no heat on the mane was a couple of months ago. My girl Joy dropped off some of Ms. Jessie's highly-touted and exorbitant "Curly Pudding". Looks like grape pudding...smells like grape pudding.  Perhaps, because I didn't condition my hair (automatic fail in Hair Care 101) there was no real manageability to the hair and the curly pudding failed to curl. Actually, all it did was cause my hair to be stiff and dry.  All I could do was brush it back into a ponytail or twist it on either side of my head. *Boooooo*


SO...this time around, I became proactive and preventive. I bought 2 packs of an olive oil deep conditioning treatment. I washed my hair with Motions Deep Conditioning Shampoo...and then used my conditioner for an hour under a cap (no heat). Once rinsed...I added a product my mother purchased, Organics Olive Oil, which is really a "twist and loc" cream, but it was lightweight and helped to soften my damp hair. I also used a oil-based spray called Jamaican Mango & Lime "shine-a-loc". That helped to bring spring to my individual curls.


This is the result:






I know I have a long way to go...that, I also have to cut of a significant amount of hair to jump start my natural journey. I'm getting the hang of it though...I'll keep you posted as promised.


Wish me locks...lol

2 scopers scoping:

Untouched Jewel said...

congrats Kween on the journey to natural hair. I've been natural with mine since just before the birth of my son back in '99. I haven't seen nor touched a perm since then. I finally buckled down and decided to go back to the old fashion way of my hair being done...PRESSING COMB! Girl, my hair wet will turn into a curly nappy mess. LOL. I wash my hair with Organic Root Stimulator olive oil shampoo, a mix of conditioners (a moisturizer, protein, and balsam mix), put on a cap and sit under the dryer for about 20-30 minutes, wash it out again with shampoo--to rid of the conditioner residue, air or blow dry, section off my hair to press it (got enough hair on my head lol), flat iron it, and viola...done!
It may start off as a grueling process, but it gets easier as time goes on. Keep up the good work, Kween!

Thee_Kween said...

Thank you SO much for the support. Currently I'm weening myself off of the heat because that was my method for so long and I believe my hair is damaged from it. I've got strong hair, but it's become brittle and very dry. I'm sure I'll see a press comb in my future. LOL

I will continue to keep you all posted on it. I'm loving this journey. I feel very ~free~ :)

Find It

 

Like Me a LOT

GGX Jewels

GGX Jewels
Inspire Your Inner Diva

The Beautiful Blogger Award

The Beautiful Blogger Award
Aw, Champ...for ME?

Kween's Sentry

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Lia Sophia

Lia Sophia
Contact JoAnn Monroe for beautiful jewelry

The Love & Truth Challenge

The Love & Truth Challenge

Networked Blogs

Blogroll

I Love Your Blog

I Love Your Blog
Thanks Cook!

The Versatile Blogger Award

The Versatile Blogger Award
Thanks Champ!

sitemeter

About

CURRENT MOON