Scopers


Alabama or Bust

Well, I went on my trip to Alabama. I left NY's Westchester Airport in White Plains around 6:30pm on June 20th, and made it to Alabama by 10:30 that night. Dionne's Birthday Weekend was officially in progress.

Getting off the escalators after deplaning and seeing Mama and Dionne standing there was so cool. All those weeks of talking about it, planning and waiting...were no more. We were together finally.

Our weekend was too short. I felt like I could've stayed. Saturday we went to the cemetery to see Dionne's sister. Before we got there...a car swerved out of control after it's tire blew. It was a couple of cars in front of us, and had anyone hit it...we'd probably be laid up in a hospital or dead right now. Dionne was seriously shaken up, but we made it to the cemetery to do what we came for. We then went to eat at the China Buffet where Mama ended up in the corna twice, Dionne and I...once. LOL We're too much. We then went to Birmingham's Botanical Garden where we witnessed a wedding in progress. The bride's gown was GORGEOUS! But, HELL if it wasn't the quickest wedding we ever saw. LOL We took pics and then left to go back to the house.

The next day...we got up and went to a place called Scrubbs BBQ where Dionne's dad had paid for some food to be picked up. We drove out there, where the place is basically a "house or shack" behind someone's home, set up like a drive-thru. We took the food home and then went to a mall area called "Bridge Street" where Dionne had her ring fixed and we sat outside while Mama danced to a one man band's strummings. Mama, Kasey and I put our feet in the fountain and then we left. I napped a little before getting up, eating and joining the family in a water gun fight. Dionne's girls (Kasey,11 and Kennedy,5) were on Mama's team...while Dionne's son, Jordon, 13 was on the team with Dionne, her fiance' Teddy, and me. We ALL got soaked head to toe. We ran around that yard spraying each other like we were crazy. The kids laughed with their Me Mah (their name for Mama) and were so happy.

Dionne opened her gift that Mama bought...a wireless keyboard and mouse. She received a Louis Vuitton purse the week before from our sister, Netty! (Which she rarely put down) Her "stepdaddy" bought her an amethyst ring...and I was just one big ole gift. LOL

Dionne taught me to drive that night. Yep, she knew that I had never learned because of my Narcolepsy, so she put me in the front seat and let me drive around her huge backyard, to the end of the driveway, backing into the yard again and parking the car finally. It was amazing. All I kept saying was, "I WANNA GO FAST!" LOL

Taking Mama to the airport the next morning was agony. We all cried like babies. Mama wouldn't even let us stay...she shooed us off. Even after finding out that her flight was delayed for 2hrs, she wouldn't let us turn around and sit with her. Dionne, the kids and I, were all sad, especially because we knew that it was my turn next.

I didn't want to come home...but, I am sure that I will make a return trip to Alabama. Hopefully Mama and Dionne will be making a trip to the North come fall. Either way, I feel blessed to have them as family. I truly enjoyed myself. I have a home there.




0 scopers scoping:

Find It

 

Like Me a LOT

GGX Jewels

GGX Jewels
Inspire Your Inner Diva

The Beautiful Blogger Award

The Beautiful Blogger Award
Aw, Champ...for ME?

Kween's Sentry

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Lia Sophia

Lia Sophia
Contact JoAnn Monroe for beautiful jewelry

The Love & Truth Challenge

The Love & Truth Challenge

Networked Blogs

Blogroll

I Love Your Blog

I Love Your Blog
Thanks Cook!

The Versatile Blogger Award

The Versatile Blogger Award
Thanks Champ!

sitemeter

About

CURRENT MOON