Scopers


Obligatory End of Year Blog



HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Wow...2013 was an interesting year. A lot has happened. I wish I could give a month by month blow...but my memory ain't so good anymore. lol I'll just do my best to think of the things that stuck out the most.




I turned 40!!! I had a sweet close-knit gathering with my best girls (some were missing and MISSED). In the thick of it, my BFF Joy and I met the newest addition to our circle, Ms. Tina. We had a great time...even though I feel the weekend was MIGHTY short. I could've been the belle of the ball for at LEAST a week more :D

It was also the month I suffered a meniscus injury...so, I was hobbling at the birthday event. Nonetheless...I had a wonderful time.

I spent a lot of time honing my graphics design company, FFK (Fancy Face Kreations) and building a customer base. I'm STILL doing that. It ain't easy...but, I love it.



A family member who'd been fighting cancer, got a clean bill of health after a VERY close call. God is GOOD.

...and even though later this year, I lost a different family member to cancer...God is STILL good. He was a wonderful person and his legacy is a worthy one.

I went to my first outdoor concert with Joy. Lianne La Havas! I swear, I've never had so much fun while standing for 6 hours!! There couldn't have been a more fit person to share that experience with. Joy and I both share a wonderful love of music...and Lianne brought a cool memory we'll both remember. I spent the weekend in Harlem for once (Joy normally camps here on select weekends) and it was nice to be her guest! :)



I also got to watch one of my kiddies get married. I sat Catrina as a baby and to see this young woman walk the aisle into her love's arms was a beautiful gift. Born 3 months early, my preemie baby girl has flourished into a sweet young woman whose life is touched with golden things. I was so giddy over that. I also felt OLD. I had to remind myself that I was given her as a responsibility at the age of 13...so, yea. lol



Even though, between enduring some tense moments with a couple of house guests and some unexpected and mind-blowing drama from someone I thought to be a friend...I managed to remain in the presence of mind I'm in. Blessed. Loved. Purposed for something all mine and happy to be a part of God's plan.

With life and death, ends and beginnings...friends coming and going...life continues to tick forward. Every second is another second past the old. Every day is a new chance to see life differently than the day before.

I spent this Christmas alone...and it wasn't all that bad (If you don't count the burn in the palm of my hand from grabbing a searing hot pan from the oven, sans mitt O_O). I made myself a Christmas dinner of lamb chops, apple cider-ginger glazed carrots and spinach-artichoke in puff pastry. I drank Moscato and enjoyed holiday-themed movies...as I fawned over the many friends and family who DID get to spend that day with someone.

I'll be alone for New Year's Eve and I'm okay with that, too. I try not to put TOO much stock in the need to celebrate specific days for life. Every day is a New Year for us who can say we saw that day the year before. Every day is Christmas if you're glorifying the Savior's life. Every day is Valentine's Day if you appreciate your mate...and so forth.

I can reflect with the rest of you, but every day I open my eyes is a new day...a year to the date of awakening. I pray that I get some things right. I pray that my purpose continues to evolve and grow into something that can create MY legacy. I pray that AMAZING things come my way as old and stale things go away.

I wish that for you all, too.

Again...HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!



2 scopers scoping:

Find It

 

Like Me a LOT

GGX Jewels

GGX Jewels
Inspire Your Inner Diva

The Beautiful Blogger Award

The Beautiful Blogger Award
Aw, Champ...for ME?

Kween's Sentry

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Lia Sophia

Lia Sophia
Contact JoAnn Monroe for beautiful jewelry

The Love & Truth Challenge

The Love & Truth Challenge

Networked Blogs

Blogroll

I Love Your Blog

I Love Your Blog
Thanks Cook!

The Versatile Blogger Award

The Versatile Blogger Award
Thanks Champ!

sitemeter

About

CURRENT MOON