Scopers


Ask And Ye Shall Receive

Dee and I in June of 2012



Hola, Scopers! I came to share something very close to my heart with you. It's been a moment since I've laid anything bare for you all...so, here I am...blogging in the hopes that you all are reading and in the mind and spirit of reception.

I met my friend DeAnna last year in Boston, MA. She'd been "chasing" Phil Perry for a minute and when she knew he'd be in Boston at a Doubletree hotel's lounge...she jumped at the chance to go. It was also a chance for us to meet. So, I hopped a train and met her there.  We enjoyed a weekend of getting to know each other [all over again] because though we were seeing each other in the flesh for the first time...we'd been friends for years through the internet.



From the moment I became acquainted with Dee or "Deedles" to her close circle of friends...she's been one of my closest confidantes. She's also always been a dialysis patient for the entirety of our friendship. In the time since I've known her, she's been embattled with the task of fighting for her life. Surgeries, treatments, weight loss requirements., traveling to doctors AND holding down two jobs (now, one)...has been her daily struggle.

It actually seems as though her battle has only gotten ROUGHER within the last year.  She lost her father suddenly and has had several surgeries. You can read her blog "Sunsets, Streams and Afrosheen"  and see some very raw and uncut photos and details of her sickness.

Doing THIS for her...THIS meaning, this campaign to help offset some of the costs of her medical expenses...was a no-brainer. She's my friend...my sistar...and someone who I've prayed for and worried over like family. I can't even imagine the pain she's going through, but I know that as her friend it's painful to watch her struggle as a single mother, a kidney patient and a woman dealing with her own personal grief.

I know times are hard friends...I really do, I'm roughing it as well, but what I am asking is something I hardly ever do for anyone, including myself...which is bare my soul's need to the public. Whether it's $1, $5 or $10...or if it's a gift of more...I ask that you consider giving to DeAnna's cause. All of the expenses she's incurred in just the last YEAR since finding a hospital in Chicago (she lives in Springfield, Illinois) has been astronomical for what it is she's bringing home. She has a long way to go...a few more surgeries and lots of traveling to ready her for the point at which she can receive a kidney. (She was accepted to the National Kidney Transplant List!). We've received a few donations from some very giving and beautiful souls...but we have 102 days to reach her goal. I think 3+ months is enough time to get us at least HALF way to the goal. What do you think? Yes? :)

Click on the link to the donation site (it's on the top left of this page, but because of how my blog is set up *lol* ...I'll post the link ------------> here)

I want to thank you in advance, bless you always and love you much!!

Thank you,

Kiwi <3

2 scopers scoping:

Afrodeezha said...

I didn't know you posted this! You gonna make me shed tears! I know this is all stuff you've said and we've talked about, but I don't know...I guess I'm just in a weepy mood today.

Thanks.

Thee_Kween said...

Well, I love you...and I want you to get what you need. I NEED you to get what you need. :)

Find It

 

Like Me a LOT

GGX Jewels

GGX Jewels
Inspire Your Inner Diva

The Beautiful Blogger Award

The Beautiful Blogger Award
Aw, Champ...for ME?

Kween's Sentry

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Lia Sophia

Lia Sophia
Contact JoAnn Monroe for beautiful jewelry

The Love & Truth Challenge

The Love & Truth Challenge

Networked Blogs

Blogroll

I Love Your Blog

I Love Your Blog
Thanks Cook!

The Versatile Blogger Award

The Versatile Blogger Award
Thanks Champ!

sitemeter

About

CURRENT MOON