Scopers


A Stellar Day




I had a wonderful day yesterday. I would've blogged it as soon as I got home, but I had to catch up with a few friends...so, by the time I was through I was too tuckered out to really blog. The day started off with a hilarious edition of the Mr. Chap Morning Show. Totally last minute for me, I got a KICK out of this show. Non-stop laughter. A few technical difficulties (including one where ya girl got a lil loud on a personal phone call during break) LOL...but, nonetheless a sweet show.


From there, I ended up talking to my mom. Now, if anyone has been paying great attention they know I've spoken of my mom who is an ordained minister. She has been allowing me to blog a couple of her messages/sermons, which have gone over really well with several online friends of mine. The Mama has even told me of how she was positively affected by my mother's sermons...which led me and mom to a discussion that spanned almost 2hrs. (when I should've been readying for my day out, lol) I told my mother of Mama's message to her, saying that she's encouraging people who she has no clue about. My mother was appreciative. Really happy to know her words weren't in vain. Then mom and I began discussing a biblical movie on TBN which was about Moses and his being called to free God's people. I told my mother of what I learned and how I took a lot of the meanings of the story...applying it to life now. As she was listening, my mom (who I haven't always had the best relationship with) says that I am an inspiration and would like for me to speak at her church, reading one of my inspirational blogs! **GASP** Be still my heart. To have my mother say such a thing about me was earth-shattering. We've had our tug-of-war about my singing and NOT singing...so to have her speak highly of me in my presence AND offer such a privilege as to speak at her church did my heart good. I agreed, IN SPITE of the reality that I have a phobia for public speaking. I didn't even hesitate y'all. LOL That was sooo unlike me. I normally would've hemmed and hawed about it and made excuses, but not this time. I was honored and cant wait to do it.


Then, my girl, Jin came to visit me. Jin and I hadn't seen each other since December 2007 when we saw a Christmas movie she wanted to see. So, she came up and we saw Sex and the City...which we both loved. I hadn't seen the last 2 seasons of the series, but it didn't take much to get back into the swing of things. Afterwards, we headed to Wal-Mart/Wally World where we did a little shopping. We laughed and talked and shopped and browsed. It's always good to have the kind of friends that no matter how long its been since you last saw one another, things are still the same. A true confidante.I had a stellar day.


I started the day laughing...got a boost of confidence from the one person I love the most in this world...and ended it with a great feeling. I have good days, so I'm no stranger to them...this just happened to be one of the better ones.


Peace...




**I'd like to give my condolences to the Mama, who's brother-in-law passed on. My prayers go out to you and the family Mama...I love you**

0 scopers scoping:

Find It

 

Like Me a LOT

GGX Jewels

GGX Jewels
Inspire Your Inner Diva

The Beautiful Blogger Award

The Beautiful Blogger Award
Aw, Champ...for ME?

Kween's Sentry

MyFreeCopyright.com Registered & Protected

Lia Sophia

Lia Sophia
Contact JoAnn Monroe for beautiful jewelry

The Love & Truth Challenge

The Love & Truth Challenge

Networked Blogs

Blogroll

I Love Your Blog

I Love Your Blog
Thanks Cook!

The Versatile Blogger Award

The Versatile Blogger Award
Thanks Champ!

sitemeter

About

CURRENT MOON